iAdopt for the Holidays
iAdopt for the Holidays sponsored by Petplan is a holiday adoption campaign that runs until Dec. 31 at participating SPCAs, humane societies and rescue groups across Canada to find loving forever homes for as many animals as possible.
- Anyone who adopts from a participating SPCA or Humane Society will be automatically entered for a chance to win the Grand Prize of two $500 VISA gift cards – $500 for the selected winner and $500 to gift to the participating iAdopt animal organization of their choice.
- Learn more about our sponsor Petplan and how pet insurance can help cover those unforeseen veterinary bills and help your furry friends stay healthy.
2,137Animals adopted this holiday season
Why adopt?There are so many reasons to choose adoption when bringing a new friend into your family. Here are just a few:
- You’ll be changing a life
- You’ll be taking home a healthy pet
- You’ll be saving money
- You’ll feel good about making a compassionate choice
- You won’t be supporting irresponsible pet breeders
- You’ll be giving a deserving animal a second chance
Canada’s Cutest Adopted Pet Contest
Canada’s Cutest Adopted Pet Contest is now closed. Stay tuned for results!
Adoption tipsIf you’re considering adopting an animal, or have already adopted, browse these adoption tip sheets for information about everything from choosing the right companion to teaching (in a positive way!) the behaviours you’d like to see more – or less often. Careful consideration before adopting, including research and planning, plus plenty of love, patience and a sense of humor, will foster a strong and loving relationship that will make you friends for life!
Find a participating adoption centre near you:Are you looking to adopt a pet? Find your closest adoption centre below and visit their website to view animals available for adoption. Change an animal’s life!
Show all participating locations.
Ontario SPCA Barrie Animal Centre, ON
Ontario SPCA Leeds & Grenville Animal Centre, ON
Ontario SPCA Lennox & Addington Animal Centre, ON
Ontario SPCA Midland & District Animal Centre, ON
Ontario SPCA Muskoka Animal Centre, ON
Ontario SPCA Orangeville & District Animal Centre, ON
Ontario SPCA Orillia Animal Centre, ON
Ontario SPCA Provincial Education & Animal Centre, ON
Ontario SPCA Renfrew County Animal Centre, ON
Ontario SPCA Stormont, Dundas & Glengarry Animal Centre, ON
Ontario SPCA Sudbury & District Animal Centre, ON
Brant County SPCA, ON
Niagara SPCA & Humane Society, ON
Georgian Triangle Humane Society, ON
Humane Society of Kawartha Lakes, ON
Peterborough Humane Society, ON
Simcoe and District Humane Society, ON
SAINT Rescue and Adoption, ON
Give 4 Paws a Second Chance Rescue, ON
Team Cat Rescue, ON
The Animal Guardian Program (TAGS), ON
Furbabies Furever Homes, AB
SPCA of Western Quebec, QC
Megan’s Rescue Efforts, AB
NWT SPCA, NT
Furry Tales Cat Rescue, ON
4Champ Animal Rescue, ON
Miramichi SPCA, NB
The Wild Rose Humane Society, AB
Precious Paws Rescue, ON
Portage Animal Welfare Society, MB
Charlotte County SPCA, NB
St John’s SPCA, NL
Réseau Secours Animal / Animal Rescue Network, QB
Top 5 items to donate this holiday season
Can’t adopt this holiday season? Help animals in need by donating supplies to a shelter in your area.Please check with your local shelter on their donation policies during this time.
1. Pet food/treats for dogs, cats and small pets
2. Cat Litter
3. Pet Toys
4. Gift Cards (to help buy cleaning and pet supplies)